Sunday 20 March 2016

Photoshoot 9: Gender: Male and Female Brain Dissection: Physical Experiments

Best Images -

052:


053:


054:


055:


Creation Process -





I began the process by taking a series of photographs in the studio using a simple white backdrop and my Canon camera, information regarding this is in the work diary.

The next process was printing the images on a substantial photography paper which would look more professional and cut easier when the time came.

Afterwards, I drew either a shield  or half-crescent moon shape using a ruler and pencil to ensure the section was symmetrical.

I then used a stanley knife as a scalpel to precisely cut away the shape  covering the subjects main facial region.

This left me with a blank section replacing the face. I placed a sheet of plain paper behind my photograph but did not stick the corners down yet as I would need to use the contours to hide edges of the clippings.

Searching through a variety of magazines, catalogues and newspapers provided me with enough images related to gender and gender stereotypes to use for the four above outcomes. I cut them out carefully and composed them within the blank section and glued them to their final positons.

The final outcomes can be seen above.

No comments:

Post a Comment